Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Forecastle Festival

I had a bit of a dilemma coming into the weekend of July 13th. Three music festivals were scheduled and each of them would have made for an amazing weekend. There was my perennial favorite Pitchfork in Chicago, but also new-comer Bunbury here in Cincinnati, as well as Forecastle in nearby Louisville.

In the end, I chose Forecastle for its line-up and proximity; I knew I wouldn't be able to attend all dates of Pitchfork and Bunbury didn't have a very extensive line-up. It ended up being a great choice, the festival had a great atmosphere, good food and many of the same acts that also performed at Pitchfork this year. An added bonus, as a smaller festival compared to Bonnaroo or Pitchfork, crowding was much less of an issue at each show!

Here's who I saw:

Andrew Bird
Sleigh Bells
Beach House
Dr. Dog
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Real Estate
Walk the Moon
Wye Oak
Atlas Sound
Cloud Nothings
JEFF the Brotherhood
Lower Dens
My Morning Jacket

The festival was an amazing experience, I finally broke my Real Estate curse (everytime I've planned to see them, something's come up). Unfortunately, I also created a Neko Case curse, I missed her here and also missed her when she came to Cincinnati last August. I'll break that one soon enough! The craziest part of the weekend was running into a friend from high school who I also ran into at Bonnaroo last year. I ended up hanging out with him most of the weekend and making a bunch of new friends in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment